Mr. Food's Best Mashed Potatoes Ever
If you love the creamy comfort of classic mashed potatoes, we think you’ll agree that these are the Best Mashed Potatoes Ever. We start with Idaho® baking potatoes and end with a go-along sure to earn you raves.
- 2-1/2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potato chunks in a large soup pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender; drain well and place in a largebowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Serve mimmediately