Mexican Potato Salad
- 6 Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ carrot, grated
- 5 black olives, chopped in small pieces
- 2 pickled jalapeños, chopped in small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a 5-quart pot halfway with water over a medium high flame. Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain water from pot and set potatoes to the side to cool for 30 minutes.
- Divide the cooked potatoes in half.
- Mash half of the potatoes with a potato ricer, add mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard to the mashed potatoes. Mix well to combine.
- Add in green onion, carrots, black olives, pickled jalapeños, and the other half of cooked potatoes. Mix well to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to chill.
Yield: 6-8 Servings