Mashed Idaho Potatoes Diablo
- Pour boiling water into mixing bowl.
- Pour potato agglomerates in slowly, with whip attachment on slow until potatoes are incorporated. Scrape down sides and whip on high until potatoes are fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. Do not overmix.
- To serve: Scoop or spoon 1/2 cup mashed potatoes onto each plate.
Scalloped Idaho Potatoes
- Bring a stockpot of water to a low boil.
- Add potato slices and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Sauté leeks, mushrooms and garlic in 1/4 cup butter in a large sauté pan for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in flour. Return to low heat 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and gradually whisk in milk. Return to medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in leek-mushroom mixture and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Spread half the potato slices in bottom of hotel pan. Top with half the sauce; sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Top with remaining potatoes and remaining sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- To serve: Divide potatoes into 24 servings, approximately 3.5 oz. each.