Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Potato Spinach Soup
A packet of seasoned dehydrated Idahoan® Garlic Mashed Potatoes is one of the fastest ways to a comforting bowl of soup. Although the packet was meant to be made into mashed potatoes, all it takes is the addition of a bit more liquid, some leafy greens and some cooked bacon to transform this into a soup, instead. The potatoes thicken the soup just enough, and lunch or dinner is on the table in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Ground pepper – 15 or so turns of the pepper mill
- 1 (4-ounce) package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes (dehydrated flakes)
- 4 sliced cooked bacon, chopped (or 1/2 cup chopped ham)
- Place spinach package in microwave oven and thaw by cooking at 30-second increments. It should take 1 minute or slightly longer but no longer than 1.5 minutes.
- In a medium pot, heat water, milk, nutmeg, salt and ground pepper until boiling.
- Turn heat off, add thawed spinach and contents of potato packet and stir well. Cover and let sit for 5 or so minutes.
- Stir in bacon or ham, or sprinkle on top, as you wish.
Yield: 3 (as main dish bowl of soup; 4-6 as appetizer cup of soup)