Idaho® Potatoes in Huancaina Sauce
- 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces queso fresco
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 aji amarillo chiles, seeded and ribbed
- 4 soda crackers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, optional
- pitted black olives, optional
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Let potatoes cool and cut them into 1 inch thick slices.
- Make the sauce by blending cheese, garlic, milk, chiles, crackers, salt and pepper in a blender. The sauce should be thick with the consistency like heavy cream.
- Add a little extra milk to thin it out, if needed.
- Arrange potatoes in a serving platter and cover with sauce.
- Decorate with slices of hard-boiled eggs and black olives.