Idaho® Potato-Tomato Pie
- 1/2 stick butter, cut in small pieces and divided
- 4 8-ounce Idaho® Potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed and cut into thin slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium-low heat, in a 10-inch oven proof skillet, melt half the butter. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a food processor fitted with a slicing disk, slice potatoes very thinly. Arrange potatoes in overlapping concentric circles in the buttered skillet. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Top with tomato slices arranged in a circle.
- Cover skillet and place over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 inches from the heat.
- Remove skillet cover, top pie with remaining butter. Broil about 6 minutes, checking for doneness after 4 minutes. (Note: Use an oven mitt to remove skillet from oven.) Potatoes should be browned and crisp. To serve, slide a spatula under the pie. Cut in wedges.