Idaho® Potato "Saltimbocca"
- 4 Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 12 dry-pack sea scallops
- 12 thin slices prosciutto or bacon
- 5 cups vegetable oil
- 4 ounces hickory-smoked bacon, diced small
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Peel and dice 2 potatoes. Boil in salted water over high heat until fork tender. Drain; reserve.
- In separate pot, boil corn in salted water until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from water. Cut kernels from each ear. (Or substitute frozen corn kernels.)
- Peel remaining 2 potatoes. Cut into matchstick-sized pieces; place in bowl of ice water for 1 hour.
- Wrap circumference of each scallop with 1 slice prosciutto or bacon.
- Remove potato matchsticks from ice water; dry thoroughly with paper towel. Heat vegetable oil to 350°F. Fry matchsticks until crispy, about 3 minutes. Remove; pat dry.
- Pan-sear diced bacon until caramelized and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Reserve.
- In heavy pot over low heat, warm cream and butter. Whip reserved potatoes with cream/ butter mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in corn kernels, bacon and chopped chives.
- Sear wrapped scallops until opaque and tender, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Per portion: On long plate, place potato/corn purée on one side. Place 3 scallops on top of corn purée. Garnish with matchsticks. (Or, as shown in photo, serve with Idaho French Fingerling potatoes, sliced thinly and deep fried.)