Idaho® Potato Grilled Pizza
Idaho® Potatoes make great pizza toppings!
- 1 pound Idaho® potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- store bought or homemade pizza dough
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Clean grates well.
- Toss potato slices, zucchini slices and leek halves in olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Place vegetables in an even layer directly on grill. If slices are small, use a vegetable basket to avoid pieces slipping between the grates. Grill for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside. When leeks are cool enough to touch, thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough on a floured cookie sheet to desired thickness. Flip the cookie sheet to place the dough directly on grill grate. Remove the cookie sheet and close the grill. Cook until the bottom is charred, 3-5 minutes.
- Using tongs or a grill spatula flip the dough over. Spread with garlic cloves and leeks. Sprinkle with ½ cheese. Layer slices of potato and zucchini evenly over the top of the crust. Top with remaining cheese. Close the grill lid and cook until cheese melts and dough is fully cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy.