Idaho® Potato, Cucumber and Dill Salad
Perfect for a picnic, this refreshing salad will not spoil in the hot summer sun. Leave the vitamin-rich skins on these thinly sliced spuds for a bit of extra texture and taste.
- 3 large Idaho® potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced, approx. 3 cups
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried whole dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled and thinly sliced, approx. 1 ½ cups
- Place potato slices in a 9-inch square microwave-safe baking dish; cover with microwaveable plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 9 to 11 minutes, or until tender stirring gently every 3 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, dill and salt in a small jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Pour vinegar mixture over potatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Gently mix in sliced cucumber before serving.
Yield: 4 servings; 1 cup each