Idaho® Potato and Tomato Soup
- Cold Potato Soup:
- 6 Leeks
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 6 Idaho Potatoes
- 2 cups Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- Tomato Soup:
- Concasse of 2 quarts of Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Shallots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Garlic, finely minced
- 6 oz. Olive oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Basil, finely chopped
- Sweat leeks in olive oil. Add potatoes, cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are soft. Puree in large blender, adding more cream if necessary.
- Add nutmeg and additional salt and pepper to taste. Chill before serving.
- Sweat shallots and garlic in olive oil. Add tomatoes and cook down until liquid is almost gone. Add salt, cayenne and basil.
- Puree by beurre mixer. Chill before serving.
- Pour equal portions of soup into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a vodka splash, caviar, chopped chives, smoked salmon and Idaho Potato sticks.