Idaho® Potato and Edamame Salad
- 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- In a medium stockpot, in water to cover, over high heat, cook potato cubes about 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain the potatoes, then toss them with the olive oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked edamame, red onion and ginger. Add the potatoes and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, wasabi powder and red curry paste until blended. Add the dressing mixture to the potato mixture and stir well with a wooden spoon to combine.
Yield: 8 servings
Sodium: 281 mg
Fat: 21 g
Protein: 9 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg