Homemade Idaho® Potatoes Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Get ready for the creamiest mashed potatoes with cream cheese recipe. It is the perfect side-dish to so many meals. Cream cheese mashed potatoes goes with any meat or seafood.
Read Sandi's full post here.
- 6 cups Idaho® Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop the peeled Idaho® potatoes into 2-inch chunks. Add to a pot and cover halfway with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil. When the water starts to boil, turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are softened. This will take about 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese, butter, spices, and milk. Stir frequently. Simmer until the cream cheese is melted.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl and pour the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the potatoes into a creamy soft mixture. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Spread the potato mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes to blend the flavors together.
- Serve hot.