Homemade Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Get ready for the creamiest mashed potatoes with cream cheese recipe. It is the perfect side dish to so many meals. Cream cheese mashed potatoes go with any meat or seafood.
Read Sandi's full post here.
- 6 cups Idaho® Russet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop the peeled Idaho® potatoes into 2-inch chunks. Add to a pot and cover halfway with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil. When the water starts to boil, turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are softened. This will take about 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese, butter, spices and milk. Stir frequently. Simmer until the cream cheese is melted.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl and pour the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the potatoes into a creamy soft mixture. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Spread the potato mixture into a casserole dish and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes to blend the flavors together.
- Serve hot.