Heart-Healthy Idaho® Potato Nicoise Salad
A sprinkling of curry powder adds a unique layer of flavor to this classic Niçoise-style dish.
- 1½-2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled (if desired) and cut into ½˝ cubes; approximately 4-5 cups
- ½ cup bottled reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna (packed in water), drained
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup pitted olives (black or green), chopped
- 4-6 cups washed and drained mixed salad greens
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 4 hard-boiled egg whites, quartered lengthwise
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add cubed potatoes; return to boiling and simmer 5 minutes or until tender, but firm.
- Drain potatoes and set aside or refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix together ranch dressing and curry powder to taste.
- Stir in tuna, green onions and olives. Gently stir in potatoes.
- To serve, arrange greens on a platter (or on individual dishes), top with potato mixture, then garnish with tomatoes and eggs.