Fingerling Idaho® Potato Frittata with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
This simple fingerling Idaho® potato frittata is filled with summer vegetables and served with a tangy sun-dried tomato pesto. It’s the perfect brunch dish!
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup diced onions
- ½ lb. Idaho® fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper (about 1/2 a medium pepper)
- 1 cup diced zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- ½ peas (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz. (½ cup) sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 oz. (⅔ cup) roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 plump clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet or pan over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook until they start to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes salt and cook until some of the slices start to brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add red pepper, diced zucchini, peas, and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 8 to 9 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- While frittata bakes, blend all sun-dried tomato pesto ingredients in a food processor.
- Remove skillet from the oven. Let frittata cool for 5 minutes before serving. Season with black pepper. Cut frittata into wedges and serve with sun-dried tomato pesto.