Eye Popping Idaho® Potatoes
- 8 pounds Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 50-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 pounds low-fat cheese (cheddar and colby)
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Boil the potatoes. When almost done, remove from heat and run under cold water to cool them so you can peel and slice.
- Spray a 2-inch deep hotel pan with cooking spray. Arrange the potatoes in the bottom of the pan.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, combine the milk, soup, sour cream and 1 pound of cheese. Place over medium heat and cook until creamy and cheese has melted slightly, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup of the green onion and the pepper to the Dutch oven. Pour over sliced potatoes. Top with the cereal. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese and green onions.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly around edges.