Crispy Potato Wedge Salads
We’re bringing wedge salads back and making them even better with the addition of crispy roasted Idaho® potatoes. Loading a salad with tons of bacon, cheese, potatoes, croutons and ranch makes it healthy, right? I think so.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3 medium Idaho® russet potatoes, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 large iceberg lettuce, quartered
- ¾ cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 8 slices crispy bacon, chopped
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup croutons
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat with the oil. Once hot, add the sliced potatoes and cook until crispy, browned and softened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Make sure to stir them occasionally so that they cook and brown evenly.
- To assemble the wedge salads, arrange the iceberg quarters on a platter. Drizzle each wedge with dressing, and top with potatoes, bacon, tomatoes, red onion, croutons, feta cheese and chives. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Time Saving Tip: The different salad components can be made and prepped the day before and assembled on the day you plan on eating them.