Crispy Potato Wedge Salads
We’re bringing wedge salads back and making them even better with the addition of crispy roasted Idaho® potatoes. Loading a salad with tons of bacon, cheese, potatoes, croutons and ranch makes it healthy, right? I think so.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3 medium Idaho® russet potatoes, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 large iceberg lettuce, quartered
- ¾ cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 8 slices crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup croutons
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Add the oil to a large skillet and set over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the sliced potatoes and cook until crispy, browned and softened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Make sure to stir them occasionally so that they cook and brown evenly.
- To assemble the wedge salads, arrange the iceberg quarters on a platter. Drizzle each wedge with dressing, and top with potatoes, bacon, tomatoes, red onion, croutons, feta cheese and chives. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Time-Saving Tip: The different salad components can be made and prepped the day before and assembled on the day you plan on eating them.