Chipotle Mashed Idaho® Potato & Chicken Flautas
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced, canned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 lbs Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and large diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated
- 1/4 cup chipotle in adobo
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 each avocados, ripe but firm
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 pounds cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 each flour tortillas, 10-inch
- In a small pot, heat oil; sauté chicken breast until browned. Remove and reserve.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté until translucent.
- Add chicken breast back to pot and deglaze with stock. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until liquid in pot reduces to au sec and chicken is very tender. Cool.
- Shred chicken and hold in pan juices at 140°F.
- Start Idaho potatoes in cold water and cook until fork tender. Drain and dry well.
- Run Idaho potatoes through food mill and incorporate remaining ingredients. Hold at 140°F or above.
- Peel and dice avocados and mix with lime juice and salt. Fold in remaining ingredients and hold cold at 40°F or below.
- Place 1/2 cup mashed potato mixture, 4 ounce shredded chicken and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese in the middle of the tortilla.
- Roll tortilla tightly and seal with food pick, if needed. Place on sheetpan and cover; chill.
- Place 1 flauta in a 350°F fryer and cook about 3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Cut in half and serve with 3 ounce avocado corn relish and a sprig of cilantro.