Baked Idaho® Potato Salad
This palate-pleasing salad won first prize at the 2011 South Beach Wine & Food Festival’s Idaho® Potato Side Dish Challenge which took place during Rachael Ray’s Burger Bash
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes, washed
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bake potatoes for about 1 hour or until fork-tender. Cool potatoes at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and place in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently until mixed well; place in casserole dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until warm in center.
- Notes and Suggestions
- Top each portion with a bit more sour cream and scallion slices before serving.
- To lighten this up, you can substitute the sour cream and cheese for lower fat varieties and use turkey bacon in place of the traditional favorites.
Yield: 8 servings
Burger & Beer Joint
Miami Beach, FL