- 2 medium Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock, more if you want to thin the soup out
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 green onions, finely chopped for garnish
- pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot melt the butter over medium-low heat and then add the leeks and allow them to sweat for 5 minutes before adding the potatoes.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then add the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minute before add half to a food processor and puree. Once smooth, add the remainder and puree to full batch together.
- Return the soup to the pot and whisk in the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper before bringing it to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to the mixing bowl and chill over the ice bath, stirring occasionally to evenly cool the soup. Once the soup is at room temperature, cover in plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator to cool for an hour before serving.
- Garnish with green onions.
Note: Try pairing with your favorite chicken salad recipe served on leaves of endive for a cool summertime meal. Watch the above video to see how Coryanne does it!