- 3 pound bag of frozen Idaho® potato tots
- ½ cup spiced cheese sauce
- ½ cup Salsa Fresca (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 small lime wedges
Salsa Fresca Ingredients: (Yield: ½ cup)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
Salsa Fresca Directions:
- Chop the tomato. You should have about ½ cup. Trim the ends of the green onion, slice lengthwise, then slice crosswise to achieve half-round slices. Combine the chopped tomato and green onion in a small bowl. Add the chopped cilantro, sugar, salt, and lime juice and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Mix the sour cream with 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning. Pour mixture into a squeeze bottle if desired to drizzle onto the tater tots. Alternately you can dollop it on the tots.
- Prepare the tots according to package instructions, by either baking or frying.
- Meanwhile, warm the cheese sauce to a pourable consistency.
- For each serving, place 12 ounces of the tots into a mixing bowl and sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of taco seasoning evenly over them and mix well to coat evenly. Place the tots onto a serving dish. Pour 2 tablespoons of the cheese sauce over the top, covering as many as possible. Top with 2 tablespoons of salsa fresca, then 1 tablespoon of the sour cream mixture (drizzled or dolloped). Garnish with a lime wedge. Repeat with remaining 3 servings. Serve immediately.