Sweet Idaho® Potato and Ricotta Latkes
Choose Idaho® when you want to prepare perfect potato latkes; their high solids content yields a light, fluffy potato pancake — every time.
- 12 ounces Idaho® potatoes, peeled, approx. 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup golden California raisins
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grate potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Stir in ricotta, flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and raisins; mix until well combined.
- In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, spoon potato mixture into skillet, using about 2 tablespoons per pancake. (Skillet should hold about 4 pancakes at a time.) Flatten mixture slightly with a spatula. Cook pancakes 2 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- Place cooked pancakes in the oven and bake 10 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
Serving Suggestion: Garnish pancakes with a sprinkling of confectioners' sugar and serve with applesauce, if desired. Heart-Check certification does not apply to serving suggestions.