- 2 1/2 lbs. Idaho® potatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces packaged sliced lean bacon
- 1 10 ounce package frozen diced sweet peppers
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cups chopped Spanish olives with pimiento
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped capers (Additional capers may be used for garnish)
- In a large heavy skillet, cook bacon until well done and crisp. Remove from skillet. Drain on paper towel. Crumble and reserve.
- Pour off drippings and add peppers to skillet where you cooked the bacon. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomatoes, olives, powders, water and potatoes. Bring to boiling and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until fork-tender. Stir in capers.
- Let stand 5 minutes to allow liquids to absorb. Stir in crumbled bacon and serve. Add more capers for garnish if desired.
- Serve warm with green vegetable. (Also may be served at room temperature on a bed of green salad.)