Spanish Potato Sausage Skillet
This vegan skillet comes together fast with leftover Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic and is great for any meal. Wrap in a tortilla with some salsa for an easy burrito.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 vegan seitan sausages, sliced, or sub chicken or andouille sausage for a non-vegan option
- 2 cups Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and sausage. Sauté 5 minutes until fragrant and onions are tender.
- Add potatoes, cumin, and smoked paprika, heating them through, about 4 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Batch Cooking to Make Meal Prep Easy
The key to meals that come together in a snap is batch cooking! In this series, we started with the recipe below for Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic. The skillet recipe above uses the leftovers to pull together a quick dinner and the Southwest Scramble puts a healthy breakfast on the table, fast.