Smothered Potatoes & Vegetables
- 1 lb. fresh snap beans or green beans
- 3 bacon slices, cut into small pieces
- 12 oz. onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3, #90-ct. Idaho® potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning, or more to taste
- Clean snap beans; remove stems and soak beans in cold water I to 2 hours.
- Place bacon pieces in bottom of 3-quart saucepan. Sprinkle onion and garlic over bacon. Cook over medium heat until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain snap beans. Peel potatoes; cut each into eighths. Add beans and potatoes to saucepan; stir to mix. Add 2 cups water to cover vegetables completely. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cover pan. Simmer 45 minutes.
- Season mixture with Creole seasoning. Cover pan; simmer 45 minutes. Check occasionally or adequate liquid in pan. Drain before serving.
Yield: 6 1-cup servings