Roasted Yellowtail Snapper with Potatoes, Olives and Tomatoes
- 1 yellowtail snapper cleaned and scaled, with skin on about 3 pounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Idaho® Potatoes (90 count). peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch-thick slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 cup pitted alphonso or nicoise black olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Make three slits, about 4 inches long, along each side of the yellowtail, about 3 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with salt, and place in a deep-sided baking dish. Place remaining ingredients, including potatoes, in mixing bowl and mix well. Pour all around the yellowtail.
- Bake until the fish flakes easily, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Divide fish and vegetables among plates. If desired, garnish with chopped parsley.