Roasted Chicken And Potato Sarciado
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, trimmed and cut into large pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour as needed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chicken gravy *
- 3 cups Idaho® russet potatoes, boiled, diced, and fried
- 1 tablespoon diced cilantro
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- *Ingredients for Chicken Gravy
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bones of whole chicken, cut up and washed
- Heat a heavy bottomed braising pan. Add oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, dust with flour and shake. Brown all sides. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Sauté garlic and onion in a pan over medium heat until translucent. Add peppers and stir. Add browned chicken, Sriracha, stock and gravy. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve in a large serving dish or individual plate alongside fried potatoes. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
- Heat a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add oil, onions and garlic. Sweat for five minutes.
- Add tomato paste and chicken bones. Stir and cook for five to eight minutes. Add soy sauce or tamari, water and bay leaves.
- Simmer uncovered for one to one and a half hours. Skim top of impurities. Season with salt, pepper and fish sauce. Strain the sauce into another pot and simmer. Reserve.