Roast Shallot Savoyarde Potatoes
- 1/2 pound shallots, peeled
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4-5 peeled Idaho® Potatoes, sliced thin (1/8 inch thick)
- Butter as needed
- Caramelize shallots by rubbing with oil and baking in 350ºF oven until tender.
- Puree caramelized shallots with heavy cream.
- Lay potato slices in baking dish, dot with butter and spoon over some shallot-cream mixture. Repeat until all potatoes are used.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF one hour.
- Remove foil and bake 30 minutes longer. Remove foil and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes.