Idaho® Potato Rellena
- 2 Idaho® russet baking potatoes, washed
- ¼ cup pearl barley
- 4 ½ ounces water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon California Raisins
- ½ fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoon Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.; place potatoes directly on the rack and bake until tender, about 45 – 50 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, bring water to a simmer in a pot and add barley. Cover and cook at a gentle simmer until water is absorbed; about 20 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half, and scoop out potato leaving ¼ inch thick shells. Save scooped potato and shells.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil, then raisins, jalapenos & olives. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add potato flesh and cooked barley, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Stuff each potato shell half with ½ cup of the stuffing. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.