Potato Quesadillas with Ham and Cheese
Quick Potato Quesadillas with Ham and Cheese is a delicious lunch recipe for kiddos and adults. They are crispy on the outside and mushy on the inside with all of that gooey cheese and mashed potatoes. Enjoy as they are or serve them with mild salsa.
- 4 tortillas
- 2 cups mashed Idaho® potatoes, leftovers or freshly made
- 1 cup ham cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley finely chopped
- Salsa, for serving
- Top two tortillas with 1 cup of mashed potatoes on each and spread out evenly.
- Top each tortilla with ½ cup of ham.
- Divide cheddar cheese over the top of the ham.
- Cover with the remaining two tortillas.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add quesadillas and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts and mashed potatoes are heated through. If using cold mashed potatoes, cook 5-7 minutes on low heat. Flip and continue to cook an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese melts and mashed potatoes are heated through. You may have to do them in two batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Place quesadillas on a cutting board and cut into quarters.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley. Serve warm with salsa.