Potato Cannelloni Stuffed with Ricotta
- 2 quarts heavy whipping cream
- Nutmeg-as needed
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 2 Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes, large, cut into translucent slices, blanched 30 to 60 seconds and shocked.
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 3 pounds spinach (blanched, shocked, squeezed dry)
- 1 pound Ricotta salata
- Freshly ground black pepper-as needed
- 1/2 cup chives, thinly cut
- Reduce cream with nutmeg and bay leaves and reserve.
- Lay out 3 similarly sized potato slices lengthwise with 50 percent overlap. Brush with clarified butter.
- On one end, lay out a thin layer of spinach with a layer of ricotta salata on top. Spoon 2 tablespoons cream over cheese, then top with spinach; stuffing should cover no more than 30 percent of potato.
- Roll potato sheets as tightly as possible and lay on a silicone baking sheet, seamside down.
- Repeat with remaining potato slices, stuffing and rolling until all potatoes are used.
- Brush tops of potatoes with clarified butter and sprinkle with pepper. Bake in a 350°F oven until lightly caramelized on outside.
- To plate, garnish with chives and serve.