Potato and Parsnip Gratin
This recipe appears on the menu at Cameron's Contemporary American Cuisine as an entrée side dish
- 9 Idaho® Potatoes, #90 ct. (5 lbs.)
- 1 lb. parsnips, peeled
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- 1 qt. half and half
- 1 cup horseradish root, grated
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Peel and slice potatoes 1/8" thick; slice parsnips 1/8" also.
- In heavy-bottom saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring liquid to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes to release potato starch and thicken cream slightly.
- Press mixture into full-size 2" hotel pan.
- Bake at 350°F until golden brown and potatoes test tender, about 40 minutes.
- Chill. Cut into squares. Re-heat for service.