Play-By-Play Idaho® Potato Rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, (about 30 slices) chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto a large, nonstick baking sheet. Spread evenly with a pastry brush to coat bottom of baking sheet. Arrange potato slices on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until pale golden in color. Turn potato slices over and cook 6 additional minutes or until fork tender and beginning to lightly brown.
- Combine remaining ingredients except remaining olive oil in medium bowl and toss until well blended.
- Remove potatoes from oven and spoon equal amounts (approximately 1 tablespoon per slice) of the pepperoni mixture on top of each potato slice. Return to oven and bake 3-5 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven, drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons oil evenly over topped potato slices. Let stand 5 minutes to allow flavors to absorb. Serve immediately for peak flavor.
Yield: 10 servings (3 rounds per serving)