Pan-Seared Idaho® Potato Salad
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lb red onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 lb Idaho Russet Potatoes, washed
- Salad blend:
- Boston lettuce leaves, jicama strips, cooked green beans
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in pan. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook 15 minutes until tender. Off heat and add sugar. Stir to dissolve. Stir in cranberries and vinegar. Cover and chill.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake at 400ºF for 50 minutes or until cooked through. Cool thoroughly. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper and sauté in nonstick pan over medium-high heat until brown. Hold warm. Divide salad blend among plates. Drizzle on dressing. Divide potatoes over salad and top with onion relish. Garnish with toasted almond slices if desired.
Yield: Serves 4