Pan-Seared Idaho® Potato Salad
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lb red onions, peeled, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 lb Idaho Russet Potatoes, washed
- Salad blend:
- Boston lettuce leaves, jicama strips, cooked green beans
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in pan. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook 15 minutes until tender. Off heat and add sugar. Stir to dissolve. Stir in cranberries and vinegar. Cover and chill.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake at 400ºF for 50 minutes or until cooked through. Cool thoroughly. Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper and sauté in nonstick pan over medium-high heat until brown. Hold warm. Divide salad blend among plates. Drizzle on dressing. Divide potatoes over salad and top with onion relish. Garnish with toasted almond slices if desired.