Oven Roasted Idaho® Potatoes with Herbed Pecans
Idaho® Potatoes roasted until crispy then tossed with toasted, herbed pecans and a honey mustard pecan dressing. These potatoes are packed with flavor and just a little spice.
- 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, diced
- 1 pound baby purple potatoes, halved
- ½ pound baby red potatoes, quartered (or halved if small)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
For the dressing
- ½ cup honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Lay potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, until crispy and browned.
- Lay pecans on a separate baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them, as they go from toasted to burnt quickly.
- Toss warm, toasted pecans with butter, brown sugar, cayenne and rosemary. Set aside.
- Make dressing: In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine roasted potatoes, herbed pecans and dressing, toss the combine and coat evenly with dressing. Serve warm.