Mediterranean Kalamata Olive Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs. Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives, julienned
- 1 tablespoon chives, thinly shaved
- Cover the potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender (about 7-10 minutes). Drain and mash. Put back into the pot. Add yogurt and olive oil. Mix well using a hand mixer. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Fold in the olives last as they will discolor the mashed potatoes. Garnish with chives. Taste and Enjoy!