Loaded Idaho® Potato Salad Cube
- 12 12-ounce Idaho® potatoes, cut and steamed
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 6 ounces crème fresh, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, fried crisp
- 4 ounces fresh chives, blanched and shocked
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Cut cleaned Idaho® potatoes into 2-inch by 2-inch cubes or desired shape
- Using coring tool, push into top of cube 1 inch down.
- Steam potatoes until just tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spray sheet pan with pan spray.
- Remove core from potato center and place on sheet pan.
- Place in 350 degrees F oven until dry--do not allow to brown.
- Remove dry potato and chill.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain, and crumble
- Clean chives, reserve 1 ounce, blanch remainder, place in ice bath, drain, and dry.
- Puree cooled, blanched chives with olive oil and place in cooler overnight.
- Strain chive oil and place in squeeze bottle.
- Place potato cube on an appetizer plate and drizzle a small circle around the base of the cube.
- Using a small star tip, pipe crème fresh that has been seasoned to taste with salt and pepper into chilled Idaho® potato cubes.