Light Cream of Potato Soup
This richly textured potato soup is virtually fat free. Indulge yourself without the slightest bit of guilt.
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine potatoes, onion, celery and water in a deep 3-quart microwave-safe casserole dish; cover with microwaveable plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 4 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- Mash vegetable mixture with a potato masher or electric mixer.
- Return reserved cooking liquid to mashed vegetable mixture in casserole dish; stir in skim milk, bouillon granules, salt, and pepper.
- Cover with microwaveable plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 4 TO 6 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Yield: 6 servings
Saturated Fat: .2g
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)