Idaho® Potato Tostada Melts
- 2 8-ounce Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 8 ounce package shredded, low-fat Jack cheese
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees. Over medium-high heat, bring a pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and return to boiling; cook 5 - 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- In a large, heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, heat 1/4-inch of oil to hot. Using tongs, place one tortilla in the hot oil for a few seconds until it puffs; quickly turn it over with the tongs. Cook a few seconds more, then remove the tortilla and allow it to drain on paper towels. Repeat with three more tortillas, adding a little more oil as necessary.
- Place whole tortillas on a baking sheet. Top with potato cubes, dividing evenly between the four tortillas. Top each tostada with 1/4 of the salsa, 1/4 of the sausage and 1/4 of the cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 6 - 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place tostadas on individual serving dishes.