- Combine dry and wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix until dough comes together.
- On a floured work surface knead dough until elastic and dough takes on a shiny appearance. (Approximately 10 minutes).
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix ingredients, cover and refrigerate until use.
Brown Butter Mustard Vinaigrette:
- In a small, heavy bottomed sauce pan, cook butter until brown, not black. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl place other ingredients and whisk in brown butter until fully incorporated.
- Keep warm until serving.
Directions to assemble Pierogi:
- Use remainder of 1/2 beaten egg from Pierogi dough.
- On a floured surface roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness and cut out 3-inch circles.
- Brush the inside of the circles to edges with the remaining beaten egg.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the meat mixture into each circle. Press sides together keeping filling inside, so you end up with a half-moon “purse.”
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, place pierogies gently into boiling water and cook until they float. Gently remove them from the water and allow them to drain and cool.
- Fry in a medium-heat frying pan in a little butter until golden brown. Place on a plate, spoon over vinaigrette and serve immediately.