Idaho Potato Crisps with Egg & Truffle Oil
- 3 large Idaho® potatoes, skin on, well-scrubbed
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar powder OR red wine vinegar powder
- 4 teaspoons finely minced parsley
- Salt to taste
- Truffle oil
For poached eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Using the thinnest setting, slice potatoes with a mandolin into a large bowl of ice water.
- Preheat deep fat fryer to 325°F.
- Blot potato slices dry. Deep fry in batches until golden brown. Lightly salt, to taste.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Add vinegar. Stir water to create a vortex. Carefully break eggs into hot water and cook until white has just firmed up around egg; yolk still very soft. Remove poached eggs to a bowl.
- Fill wax-lined coffee bag with potato chips (about 4 ounces per serving.)
- Add one poached egg and 1 tsp vinegar powder.
- Fold bag to close. Gently shake bag to combine egg with chips.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley and drizzle of truffle oil. Repeat for each serving.