Smoked Paprika Oil:
- Combine heated canola oil with smoked paprika and annato seeds, if using, and mix well. Cool completely and then strain.
Twice-Cooked Basque Potatoes:
- Cut potatoes into uniform pieces of approximately 1 ounce each.
- In large pot or steam kettle cover potatoes with cold salted water. Heat just to a boil. Simmer just until barely fork tender. Drain well.
- Toss potato pieces with oil and seasonings. Mix to coat each piece.
- Arrange potatoes on an oiled baking sheet. Bake at 375°F until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Turn as needed to assure even coloration during cooking.
Cumin Scented Lamb Albondigas:
- Combine lamb and breadcrumbs with onion, garlic and seasonings. Add beaten egg and mix to combine well. Form into small (3 tablespoon) patties. Cook on a hot grill until nicely browned on both sides.
Smoked Paprika Aioli
- Combine all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush Smoked Paprika Oil on both sides of each bread slice.
- Toast on hot grill (or in hot oven) until golden on both sides.
- On each skewer, skewer one olive, followed by one piece of potato, one lamb albondiga, and then a second piece of potato. Place one tablespoon of Smoked Paprika Aioli onto each toast slice. Insert one skewer into each toast slice.