• 5 pounds Anaheim peppers
• 5 pounds poblano peppers
• 2 cups jalapeño peppers
• 2 cups canola oil
• 3 pounds tomatillos, roughly chopped
• 2 pounds onions, roughly chopped
• 1 cup garlic cloves
• ½ cup salt
• ½ cup fresh oregano
• ¼ cup black pepper
• ¼ cup coriander, ground
• ¼ cup cumin, ground
• 5 gallons vegetable stock
• 2 bunches fresh cilantro with stems
• 1 gallon white beans, cooked
• 1 gallon black beans, cooked
• 2 Idaho® Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
• 2 quarts canola oil
• 8 ounces Chile Sauce (see recipe)
• ½ cup Oaxaca cheese, shredded
• ¼ cup 6-year Wisconsin Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Roast all the peppers on the grill, then remove the skins and roughly chop the peppers.
2. In a large pot, add the oil and sauté the tomatillos, onions and garlic until golden-brown. Then add the chopped peppers, salt, oregano, pepper, coriander and cumin and sauté for about 5 to 8 minutes over medium heat to bring the flavor out.
3. Add the stock and let the mixture cook over medium heat until it reaches the desired thickness, 35 to 40 minutes. Add the cilantro, then blend the mixture using an immersion blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the beans.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil potato slices about 7 minutes, until soft outside and firm inside. Drain and place in a cooler for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a deep pot and when the temperature reaches 350°F, fry the potatoes; remove with strainer.
3. Place fried potatoes in a metal pie tin, add the Chile Sauce and top with the cheeses. Place in a 350°F oven until cheese is melted, about 6 minutes.
Work & Class
Established in 1937, the Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) is a state agency that is responsible for promoting and protecting the famous "Grown in Idaho®" seal, a federally registered trademark that assures consumers they are purchasing genuine, top-quality Idaho® potatoes. Idaho's ideal growing conditions, including rich, volcanic soil, climate and irrigation differentiate Idaho® potatoes from potatoes grown in other states.
661 South Rivershore Lane
EAGLE, ID 83616