- 1 pound Idaho® potatoes peeled, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 ¼ tablespoons extra‐virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- Simmer the potatoes in water until tender.
- Drain and place back in pan off the heat to let dry.
- Puree the hot potatoes using a ricer, food mill or a potato masher.
- Beat the garlic, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper into the potatoes until completely incorporated.
- Adjust the flavor with olive oil, vinegar, salt or pepper.
- Serve with bread, crackers or vegetables.
Tip: This can be made and refrigerated the night before a party. Bring to room temperature before serving.