Garlic Mashed Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 to 3 whole garlic heads
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 pounds Idaho® potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- For roasted garlic, cut off garlic heads to expose the cloves. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over each head and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Add 1/2 inch water to a pan, and place garlic in it. Bring to a boil on top of stove, then place in oven for 45 minutes. Cool and push through a sieve.
- Peel potatoes and cook covered in water until they can be broken apart with a fork.
- Mash potatoes and add all ingredients, including heads of roasted garlic. Combine well. Serve with butter, or gravy.
San Francisco, CA
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)