Garden Stuffed Potatoes
- 12 Idaho® potatoes, 100 ct.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup soy milk, plain, silk
- 14 ounces diced yellow onions
- 2-1/2 ounces diced red peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic cloves, pre-peeled
- 4 tablespoons oil roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (canned, drained)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, 10% blend
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, dry, whole
- Scrub baking potatoes, prick with fork and bake at 350° F for 1-1/2 hours until soft. Let cool a few minutes, but when still hot cut off the tops and scoop out most of the inner flesh, leaving as boats to be filled.
- Mash potatoes while still hot with soy milk and season with salt and pepper. (Potatoes will turn gray if mashed when cold.)
- Prepare diced onions and red peppers. Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, add sunflower seeds, basil, peppers and mushrooms.
- Steam broccoli florets until bright green and still crisp tender. Fill potato skins half full with mashed potato mixture and spoon mushroom and onion mixture on top. Place in hotel pan and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes until hot. (Ensure that potato reaches an internal temperature of 140° F for 15 seconds.)
- Top with bright green broccoli, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve