Festive Warm Idaho® Potato Salad
- 4 medium Idaho® potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into cubes
- Pinch salt
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cup "light" mayonnaise
- 1 package powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Place potatoes in a 4-quart stockpot, fill with water to cover and add a pinch salt. Bring to boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender but not soft. While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon slices until crisp. Remove from heat, drain and blot with paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside. When potatoes are tender, drain them well and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix and milk; whisk until well combined. Add pepper, onion and celery; stir with a wooden spoon to mix.
- Carefully stir in reserved potatoes and bacon. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: 8 Servings
Sodium: 703 mg
Fat: 18 g
Protein: 4 g
Cholesterol: 6 mg