El Meze Salt Baked Idaho® Potato
- 4 Idaho® Potatoes, 70 count or 11-12 ounces each
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp sea salt
- Garnish for Potato
- 4 Tbsp white onion; finely minced
- 8 tsp mint; chopped
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the Idaho potatoes and pat dry.
- Coat potatoes with olive oil and sea salt.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, sprinkle with more sea salt and bake for 1 hour or until soft when pierced. Note: the internal temperature of a fully cooked potato is 210 degrees F.
- Split the hot potatoes in half lengthwise, squeeze open (you can use oven mitts if too hot to handle) and place on a plate.
- Garnish potato in this order – 1 T onion, 2 tsp mint, ½ lemon; hand squeezed and ¼ cup olive oil.
- Finish with coarse cracked black pepper.