Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Idaho® Potato Sandwich
- 1 Idaho® potato (70 count)
- 5 slices of slab bacon
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 2-3 tomato slices
- 1 iceberg lettuce leaf
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise (more if desired)
- In a pre-heated 400°F oven, bake potato for 45 minutes (Slightly under done). Set aside. Take potato and cut top of potato, horizontally 1/2 inch thick. Do the same with the bottom of the potato. (Save middle for other menu items).
- In frying pan, cook 5 slices of bacon until crispy. Put on paper towel to soak up excess fat. Set aside.
- In frying pan, heat 1 cup Canola oil until approximately 375°F. Quickly fry the potato top and bottom turning once until browned. Place on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Place potato slices, skin down, on working surface. Put mayonnaise on one slice. Add sliced tomato, bacon, lettuce and other potato slice.
- Carefully slice in half with serrated knife.
- Serve with favorite side salad.
- Quick and easy twist on the retro classic!! You can also offer avocado or a meat alternative or all vegetable for vegetarians.