Crawfish Mashed Idaho® Potatoes
- 10 lbs peeled Idaho® Russet Potatoes, cut in 2-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons Creole crab boil spices
- 2 lbs crawfish tail meat & fat
- 20 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb unsalted butter, whole
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large pot of cold water add the potatoes and Creole spices. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot, keep warm.
- Heat the crawfish in the heavy cream, add to the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add the butter in 2" pieces, mash until fairly smooth.
- Season with salt & white pepper. Careful with the salt, the crab boil usually already contains salt.