Cilantro Pasilla Spicy Idaho® Potato Salad
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Idaho® Potatoes (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1 bunch green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups cilantro leaves
- 1 pasilla chile (stem and seeds removed)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ pepitas
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash and dry potatoes, then cut them into 2 inch cubes.
- Place in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over potato cubes. Mix to coat all potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove potato cubes from bowl and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 40 minutes, turning at the halfway mark (20 minutes in).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place potatoes back in a bowl and mix in corn kernels and green onion. Set to the side.
- Add garlic cloves, cilantro, pasilla chile, and sour cream to a blender. Blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Place potato mixture on a serving plate, then pour sour cream/cilantro mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle pepitas, and cotija over the sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 10-12 servings